Thanks so much for touring with Parlour! We know this is an experience you're going to love.
Announcing your Parlour Tour to your community is vital in getting booked!
Here are a few simple tips on announcing your gig to your community.
Ps: Always tag us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/parlourgigs or type @Parlour Gigs and we should pop up.
And Instagram: @parlourgigs #parlourgigs #bringingmusichome
We recommend one sponsored/boosted page post initially to gauge interest.
Create and post your photo or video with your copy and once it's up, click the 'Boost' button.
You can target "those who already like your page and their friends" or be more specific and target specific age groups, areas and interests.
Parlour will provide you with a budget to boost your post (which you're welcome to add to if you like).
If you need help with anything Facebook related, Parlour have an in-house marketing team that can assist in setting up your ads for you. Email Matt (email@example.com) to find out how to make this happen.
1. Keep it simple! One or two sentences is enough to communicate the concept and the opportunity that your fans have to host you. Most importantly - use your own words so your fans can connect with you.
Here are a few examples:
"Want me to come play in your living room? Apply to host me now!"
"I'm playing a few intimate Parlour gigs this December. Who wants to host me?"
Note: When posting your link to Facebook you may need to upload your image separately. Link previews don't always work. Also, make sure you add the "http://" at the start of your link, it makes it clickable in a Facebook post.
2. Use Video
Facebook preferences video content over anything else. Don't worry too much about the quality of your video. A simple 30 second video shot on your phone will do the trick. If possible, upload your video direct to Facebook.
Points to cover:
- Intro explaining the general concept - ie: "Parlour brings live music into people's homes."
- Specify the dates and regions that you've agreed to play.
- Encourage your fans to apply to host.
- If you like play a song / portion of a song live on video so your fans can get a taste of what they can expect from your Parlour gig.
- Then say the link, (eg: "head to parlour.tours/artistname and apply to host!") or if you have some keen editing skills, pop in the link as text at the end of the video.
3. Leave the questions to us!
It's not uncommon for your fans to ask questions in the comments section of your post. If you have a moment - ask them to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1800 465 972. We'll take it from there.
Add your Featured Artist page link into your Instagram bio.
We recommend using Linktree (http://Linktr.ee) so you can have multiple links in your Instagram bio.
You can use the same image/video and copy as your Facebook post, or something completely different if you like. Entirely up to you!
And there you have it!
Announcing is the pivotal point in any Parlour Tour, get the post right and watch the applications flood in.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to send us an email: email@example.com or give us a buzz on 1800 465 972